FOR TIRES, BIG O NANAIMO HAS BUILT A REPUTATION YOU CAN RIDE ON!
Every Big O Tire store is independently owned and operated, just like our store in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. What does that means as far as tires for your vehicle are concerned? It means that we’re in your neighbourhood, like we say, we’re your Hometeam… so you know we stock the right tires for the road and weather conditions here. We’re not just one of those big-box, generic tire suppliers.
But because we’re part of a network in BC of 24 stores and part of the Big O Tires family, which is the second largest tire retailer in North America, our Big O stores get tire deals that nobody else can match. Competitive prices that bring our customers around the Nanaimo the best value in town!
With over 30,000 different tires available let the our pros at Big O help you find the perfect tire for your vehicle!
TO VIEW OUR FULL CATALOGUE OF TIRES OR USE OUR ‘TIRE FINDER’ FEATURE, CLICK HERE AND VISIT OUR GOBIGO BC BIG O TIRES WEBSITE.
TIRE SIZING & SPECIFICATIONS
SPEED RATING GUIDE
Tires are rated for their maximum recommended speed. The Letters below indicate the common tire speed ratings available.
– M: For top speeds of 81mph or 130 km/h
– N: For top speeds of 87 mph or 140 km/h
– P: For top speeds of 93 mph or 150 km/h
– Q: For top speeds of 99 mph or 160 km/h
– R: For top speeds of 106 mph or 170 km/h
– S: For top speeds of 112 mph or 180 km/h
– T: For top speeds of 118 mph or 190 km/h
– U: For top speeds of 124 mph or 200 km/h
– H: For top speeds of 130 mph or 210 km/h
– V: For top speeds of 149 mph or 240 km/h
– W: For top speeds of 168 mph or 270 km/h
– Y: For top speeds of 186 mph or 300 km/h
– Z: For speeds in excess of 149 mph or 240 km/h plus
WHERE TO LOCATE YOUR VEHICLE MANUFACTURER'S RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE
To find the stock tire size for your vehicle look for the vehicle information placard located inside your vehicle. Manufacturers place them in many different spots. However, some of the most common ones are:
Driver side front door
Driver side rear door
Driver side “B” pillar (post closest to door hinge)
Passenger side “B” pillar
Passenger side front door
Passenger side back door
Driver side “C” pillar (post closest to the door handle)